Wedding day is a onetime event in our lifetime. It’s that special day where we want each and everything perfect and best. But this strives for perfection sometimes makes us feel stressed out and fearful about any mishaps that may happen on the d day. Don’t worry, because here are some simple Indian wedding beauty and bridal makeup tips that you can follow on your special day.
1. Cleansing the Face: Indian brides love to use bold and bright colours for their marriage ceremonies. In order to have a long lasting look, you should start by cleansing the face well and then patting it dry so as to ensure that there are no traces of dirt or oil on the face.
2. Base Preparation Tips: Moisturize your face for a smooth appearance and an even skin tone. Amidst working extensively on the face alone, do not forget to moisturize (you could use a tinted (moisturizer) using your fingertips, by rubbing well in a circular and gentle motion, you can give your fingers much need comfort.
3. Face Fix up Tips: Use a primer 2 minutes post moisturizer application and blend it well as this helps to keep your concealer and foundation in place and holds it for long hour. It is equally important to use a concealer (use the stick form) to cover spots or blemishes. You can brighten up your skin tone by using any of the colour congealers like yellow or green to cover reddish blemishes on the skin. Apply a foundation without SPF and blend it well with a makeup brush especially on to the underside of your eyes, and for the rest of your face, blend using a makeup sponge.A foundation with SPF will make you look flashed in the photographs, it’s better to avoid it.You can use an illuminator for the light reflecting shine on the face.
4. Bronzer Tips: It is commonly used to heavily contour the face and make it look ravishing and sharp in the photographs.Take a blush brush preferably angular and apply with strokes on to the sides of chin but not on the centre. Do the same on the sides of the forehead as well as on the two sides along the nose bone but not on the top. Suck your cheeks in and use some bronzer on to the top part of the contours near to the ear in light strokes. But make sure it’s not along the entire length of the contour.
5. Blush Tips: Take some blush on a blush brush and pat excess off, let your cheeks in and apply in strokes moving from down to top near the ears.
6. Eye Shadow Tips: Indian brides love peachy eye makeup shades, since they it goes well with their red, fuchsia or green lehengas, ghagras or heavy saris. So If you want to play it safe, this is the colour to go with. Paint up your eyelids with a peachy pink shade, and use some charcoal shadow on the exterior lid contours to give a ravishing Smokey effect, and this is achievable by using a brown shade into the inner crease area. You can also use golden shadow instead of silver for the brow bones. Use an eyebrow pencil or an angular brush dipped in brow powder for the eyebrows.
7. Eye Liner Tips: Do not experiment with browns or blue liners on your wedding day. It’s better to use plain and simple jet-black liner, preferably water proof. Draw a thick lining on top and a heavy lining with a strong kajal on the bottom making a sided wing lining for that extra oomph. Don’t forget to use volume enhancing mascara.
Mascara’s with curled brushes work great for awesome curly lashes. Grab some false lashes to accentuate and pop up your eyes making them look more opened up and bright. Remember to give some trials before the wedding date just to make sure it wouldn’t consume more time on the wedding day.
8. Lipstick Tips: If you have thin lip line then line your lips along the natural line with a colour almost as your normal skin colour. If you have plumpier lips, then line the natural lip line with a darker shade. Wear a lipstick matching your dress.
- Go for maroon or dark reds for bigger and fuller lips and peachy pink or light pink colour for thin lips.
- Thin-lipped people can apply a lip plumper instead of a lip-gloss, whereas big-lipped people can use a simple lip-gloss.
9. Moderation is the key: The main idea of perfect bridal makeup look is to accentuate the best features at the same time keep the overall look simple yet gorgeous. As it is, Indian Brides are loaded with jewelry and heavy dresses; hence it is best to keep the makeup neutral.
10. Explain your needs to the makeup artist: If you are hiring a makeup artist, make sure you explain what you need clearly! Explaining things in advance will help you get the look you want. Sit and discuss the various looks that would go best on you and choose what appeals you the most.